Thursday, February 11, 2010

Timely Decrescendo

Concerned with the current crescendo
That we seem to be working towards
Not so much disturbed by the climb, but the cliff!
The descent that comes afterward.

We've more than dynamics enough
To watch over and keep track of.
Let's stay in a melodic whimsy
Let's keep it as plain as we can
For our notes are fragile and flimsy
And only so much can withstand.

If we pay close attention to timing
And keep with the Conductor's hand
We need not distress o'er undue dissonance
Only wait for the harmonic blend.

9 comments:

  1. Without dissonance, we would never know harmony's true pulchritudinous nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure. notice, it says "undue" dissonance.
    refering to dissonance more than is necessary, or more than intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my point was, it insinuates that dissonance something to endure. When one can enjoy dissonance just as much as harmony if placed in well in music. I get what you're saying though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, purely in a musical context. I believe what you were saying was more metaphorical than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, this is great!
    Its different that your normal style, but I really like it.
    It has such an elegant feel to it.
    I like the line: "Not so much desturbed by the climb, but the cliff."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw, the opposite of a crescendo is diminuendo. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, maybe the title is what it is for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca I enjoy your writing so much. You have a wonderful gift. Kate e-mailed me your summer stars poem a while back and I keep reading it over and over bc. it describes so well how I'm feeling right now. Well just wanted to encourage you the way you have been encouraging me:)Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) thanks, grace. it means so much to me that you care to visit my blog... makes me feel happeh

    ReplyDelete