Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This is one of those days when I feel the seams coming together ...
so many things I've ripped apart and trimmed again, are finally ready to be sewn into harmony.

I feel a strong sense of purpose, without knowing any better what I'm doing than I did last week, or even last year.
It's weird how important it is to demolish everything and start new, even if all you do is erect a structure very similar to, if not exactly, what you had before.

I'm vague tonight because being specific would take too long and I need to go to sleep.... but if you're interested in one concrete example, I've realized that I love my old broken down '93 Toyota.  And no matter what wheel you put me behind, I will always be the girl in the little broken-down car. I will always be a mess, and I'm beginning to let myself off the hook for that.  Sir Charles reminds me of my sister and my brother-in-law, because they started dating with this car. I like that Sir Charles was gift. I like that almost everything I own was a gift. It makes me feel like I don't have a right to cling to tightly to any of my things, because they fell into my lap so undeservedly.

It's always these days when I get the least amount of work done.
sigh....

1 comment:

  1. "I like that almost everything I own was a gift. It makes me feel like I don't have a right to cling to tightly to any of my things, because they fell into my lap so undeservedly."
    every day i love you more and more.

    ReplyDelete